June 17th 2020: Attendance; 9 budding musos
Live music to consider when back on-line:
- Rye Hall
- Music on the Hill (Red Hill)
- Richard Fyffe offered to look for Jazz & Classical music venues
- Most attendees favour Blues, Rock, Country & Folk
- Melb Jazz Festival and Queenscliff Music Festival were discussed.
- WD to circulate 3PBS program. See attached https://www.pbsfm.org.au/ I’m listening as I type.
- Netflix & YouTube was discussed. Great source of music.
- WD has offered to view concerts on home theatre system. Unfortunately a limit of around 7.
- BS has selected Bass and has assembled a ‘Tea Box’ bass. Artwork to follow.
- The objective is to play at the Christmas party
- WD has musos to come and assist.
- For Chords and lyrics look at Chordie and Ultimate Guitar
WD will setup central document storage folders on the PNMS Google Drive.
Next Meeting: Next Thursday 25 June @ 4pm. It’s changed to Thursday as Tuesday was a problem for some. This is a meeting for guitarists but all welcome. Bring your guitars and amplifiers if you have one. Each guitarist to bring 3 songs for the group to consider.
It was a great kick off, thanks to all.
Warren Dickins 0419-514-351
June 12th 2020: Agenda # 1 – Tuesday 16 June 2020 @ 4pm
Welcome: Proposed format of the group for discussion:
- Playing your instrument with others
- Learning from others
- WD shall get some experienced musicians to provide some advice
- Play a live set at the PNMS Christmas PartyListening Group:
- Going to live concerts and GIGs
- Seeking our local Mornington Peninsula music (Frankston Arts Centre, Balnarring MusoNight, etc).
- Watching & listening to recorded concerts.Points for Discussion:
- Discuss the members list
- Open to all Genres of music. What is preferred?
- Available sound & musical equipment
- A band name for the Playing Group. (see below)
- Look out for suitable guest speakers
- Discussion regarding partner involvement
- Playing Group band meeting
- Music listening sources (Spotify, iTunes, Tidal, Vinyl, CD/DVD/Blu Ray, etc)
- How we can help the community
- Making Instruments?
- Common Document store for music, etc. (PNMS Google Drive)
- Other Business
Next Meeting, suggest:
* Playing Group; guitar workshop
* Listening Group; discuss listening sources
June 4th 2020: Time to choose a Name
MATS Music at the Shed (or perhaps MATH Music at the Hanger)
We are establishing a music group within the Shed.
The objectives are:
- Playing and learning to play music.
- Going to Concerts and Live Music (when available and safe)
- Watching live concerts (DVD/Blu Ray)
The first meeting will be at the Hanger at 4 PM on Tuesday 16 June.
Please contact Warren Dickins if you are interested on 0419-514-351
If you have a passion for music and/or wish to play live music, please pop along.